A football star, billionaire, playboy, and philanthropist – it’s completely accurate to use these words to describe Cristiano Ronaldo. Here are 10 things that no one can hate about this player:
- Regularly Donating Blood: In the past four years, Ronaldo has been actively involved in blood donation. Even more surprising, it has been reported by the media that CR7 has proactively registered as a bone marrow donor, ready to help whenever a hospital needs it. Many people were touched to learn that he is trying to save the life of his teammate’s son, Carlos Martins, who is suffering from a red blood cell disorder and may require a bone marrow transplant at any time.
- No Tattoos: The regulations require individuals with tattoos to wait 6-12 months after getting inked before they can donate blood to reduce the risk of disease transmission. Meanwhile, Ronaldo donates blood twice a year. So how is it possible for this handsome man to have tattoos?
- Devoting Time to Philanthropy: Growing up in challenging circumstances has made Ronaldo understand the difficulties faced by those in need. Although not publicly announced, it is widely known that he regularly financially supports surgeries for fans, helps people who have lost their homes, and contributes to hospital funds. “My father always taught me that if you do good work and help others, God will reward you twofold.”
- Remembering Old Friends: This football star often visits his old friends and presents them with gifts. Cristiano gifted Albert Fantrau with a luxurious mansion. This act of generosity came about because in a regional qualifying match for Sporting CP, Albert gave up his own opportunity for Ronaldo. Cristiano surpassed him to score the most important goal of his career and pave the way for professional football.
- Lavish Gifts for Friends: Jorge Mendes, the Portuguese “super-agent,” is considered Ronaldo’s closest friend. When Mendes got married in 2015, Ronaldo generously bought him an island in Greece worth £40 million as a wedding gift. Ronaldo also regularly gifts expensive presents to his teammates. After Real Madrid won their tenth Champions League title, Ronaldo bought each Real player a high-end watch, worth around £5,000 each.
- Love for Family: Fame, millions of fans, millions of followers, and an impressive bank account have not affected Cristiano’s core values. Family is the most important thing to him. He prefers to spend his holidays with his large, noisy, and loving family rather than in a secluded island or a grand mansion. A lavish party is not comparable to a night spent with his son.
- Friendly with Fans: During the recent World Cup, Ronaldo got off the bus, hugged a crying fan, and gave the boy his autograph. CR7 is also known for regularly performing acts that warm the hearts of his fans.
- Sense of Humor: It was entertaining when he dressed up as a homeless person and played street football in the streets of Madrid. He would strike up conversations with strangers, ask women for their phone numbers, tell them jokes, and enjoy the moments when no one recognized him.
- Expressing Genuine Emotions: Ronaldo is a sensitive person. Going through a range of emotions, he is not afraid to express them in public. Whether positive or negative, he cries and laughs with his passion.
- Always Ready to Help: A powerful yet touching gesture – Cristiano helped an opposing player to the substitute bench. Only Cristiano could maintain composure in such a situation and offer assistance with dignity and respect.
Football has produced immortal names that evoke the greatest greatness of the previous century, from Bobby Charlton, Gordon Banks, Alfredo di Stéfano to Pelé, Maradona, Gerd Muller, and Johan Cruyff. Now, football enthusiasts have the privilege of witnessing a playing “monument,” Cristiano Ronaldo. Moreover, his actions and beautiful way of life serve as endless inspiration for fans and football lovers alike.